Friday, March 5, 2010

Joyful Fused Collage Artist's Books

Cover

Inside Pages

Cover
Inside Pages


This book ties closed with shiny ribbon, and says, "hope more' when opened.





These photos are not as luminous as the scans but show the pages better-books are a challenge for me to photograph. I wish you could hold them, and turn the pages yourself. There are very soft fabrics right next to the hard crunch of the fused dyed paper towels-I like that. Again many thanks to Traci Bautista for the inspiration-these books are sort of the opposite of her "Book of Ruins" (page 106 of Collage Unleashed, published by Northlight.) Hey, Northlight, come publish me!-I am getting ready, with more hope, more joy and more discoveries.

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I want to try the fused paper idea too.

    I made a painting on the "You are loved more than you can comprehend" and gave it away before photographing it. I think it is time to do one for myself too!

    love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, Erica! That sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete


Ribbon Cutting of the Institute for Continuing Education of the American Art Therapy Association!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Gioia Chilton is a registered and board certified art therapist.

Followers

Gioia Chilton, MA, ATR-BC

Gioia Chilton, MA, ATR-BC