Sunday, August 23, 2009

I am a visonary artist/art therapist (some days)

I'm making stamps for the Land of 14 Secrets, my art exchange virtual studio, and am drawn to the image of a giraffe. One Christmas my husband gave me a necklace with a giraffe charm--I thought, "Oh, he really understands me, he knows and honors that I'm a visionary...." He said instead, "I got it because you like to take the kids to the zoo." I thought this was very funny at the time...but over the years the giraffe has stayed with me as a symbol of the kind of visionary I am... who imagines possibilities for myself, my family and the globe....

1 comment:

  1. I love this Gioia! Our hubbies are often in tune with us, but in different ways... it is so symbolic. Mine is the same way. I feel often like we reach a similar destination, having taken a different path.

    Your blog is absolutely gorgeous and really reflects and illustrates joyful art therapy. The colors, energy, images and texts all have a healing, uplifting quality. Thank you for sharing the link with 14 secrets. Hugs to you and the girls/

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

Ribbon Cutting of the Institute for Continuing Education of the American Art Therapy Association!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Gioia Chilton is a registered and board certified art therapist.

Followers

Gioia Chilton, MA, ATR-BC

Gioia Chilton, MA, ATR-BC